Have some extra mini rainbow peppers? Try this easy recipe for Cream Cheese Stuffed Mini Rainbow Peppers! Great Low Carb option!
Please note that some of my blog posts here at Little Home in the Making may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, I will get a small commission at no additional cost to you. See our disclaimer for more information.
Don’t you just love those little bags of mini peppers you get from the grocery store? I know I do! They make a quick snack with some ranch dip, or as a quick veggie side for a sandwich or Tuna Melt lunch. Whenever I see them on sale I pick up a bag (or two). Occasionally I will have a busy week and end up with quite a few of them in the veggie drawer. If it’s just a few I’ll chop them up and sprinkle them on our weekly homemade pizza, but if you have more you may want to make these delicious stuffed peppers!
Softened cream cheese is whipped with sour cream and shredded cheese for a simple appetizer for a nice weekend meal. To make these super simple, serve them directly from a large cast iron skillet (this is my absolute favorite one). You can have these mini peppers stuffed and baked in less than 25 minutes. They make a great option as a side on Taco Tuesday (try my Skillet Fajitas) or as a quick appetizer for a larger meal. They are also great for entertaining. I find that Cast Iron skillets hold their heat really well, and as a result make a great serving vessel for parties. Just make sure there are no tiny hands around!
What Do I Need to Make Stuffed Mini Rainbow Peppers?
The best thing about this recipe is that you don’t need much at all in the way of ingredients!
- Mini Rainbow Peppers: I use about 12 peppers. Seeded, stemmed, and sliced half lengthwise.
- Cream Cheese: You only need 4oz of cream cheese for this recipe, which is just half of a brick!
- Sour Cream: This keeps the cream cheese filling soft and creamy.
- Onion Powder: Just a little bit adds some onion-y flavor.
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese: I like using cheese that I shred myself. All you need is 1/2 cup for this recipe.
- 12 Mini Rainbow Peppers, split in half, stemmed, and seeded
- 4 oz Cream Cheese, brick
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1/2 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Green Onions, minced, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 450F.
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, sour cream, and onion powder. Whip well until free from lumps and well combined.
- Fold in the shredded cheese.
- Use a teaspoon to scoop the cream cheese mixture into the split mini rainbow peppers, using the back of the spoon to level off the cream cheese.
- Once all of the mini peppers are filled and no cream cheese mixture remains, place the stuffed mini rainbow peppers in a large cast iron skillet, or on a parchment lined sheet pan.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, or until bubbly and the cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle the stuffed peppers with your minced green onion and serve immediately.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 310Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 60mgSodium: 198mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 4gSugar: 11gProtein: 9g
Nutrition information is an estimate only.