This Sourdough Pizza Toast is going to become a new family favorite! If you have leftover sourdough bread, you have what you need to get started on this delicious, quick, and easy meal idea. Add some pizza sauce, cheese, and pepperoni and you’re ready to go!
Please note that some of my blog posts here at Little Home in the Making may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, I will get a small commission at no additional cost to you. See our disclaimer for more information.
I had never heard of Pizza Toast up until just a few months ago, if you can believe it! I’ve eaten my fair share of english muffin pizzas, that’s for sure, but I’ve never thought to replicate the same thing with a nice, crusty piece of sourdough bread! This Sourdough Pizza Toast recipe is similar to the Tuna Melts recipe I have here on the blog, but made with pizza stuff instead!
Okay, truly, the only similarity between Pizza Toast and Tuna Melts is the vessel of sourdough bread and oven toasting. Oh, and the incredible speed in which it is ready to serve to your family!
Like for my Pizza Pinwheels, I use just regular canned pizza sauce in this recipe. This makes Sourdough Pizza Toast the EASIEST MEAL EVER!
What Do I Need to Make Pizza Toast?
- Sourdough Bread: Any crusty bread will do, but sourdough is delicious!
- Pizza Sauce: Homemade or storebought, it doesn’t matter! I used canned pizza sauce and it tastes great.
- Shredded Cheese: Shredded Mozzarella or any pizza blend of shredded cheese works well here.
- Pepperoni Slices: If you don’t have these on hand you can top with other favorite pizza toppings. For me, it just isn’t pizza without pepperoni!
And that’s it! Just 4 simple ingredients!
- 4 (1" thick) slices Sourdough Bread, or another crusty bread
- 3/4 cup Prepared Pizza Sauce
- 1 1/3 cup Shredded Italian Blend Cheese
- 12 slices Pepperoni
- Preheat the oven to 450F and line a sheet pan with parchment paper or a silicone liner.
- Place the thick slices of bread on the lined sheet pan, spacing evenly.
- Spread 2-3 tbsp. of pizza sauce on each slice of bread. Top with 1/3 cup of shredded cheese, and top with 3 slices of pepperoni.
- Repeat with the remaining 3 slices of bread.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the edges of the bread are crisp.
- Cool for a few minutes, then slice and serve with your favorite side.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 242Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 591mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 12g
Nutrition information is an estimate only.