It really doesn’t get any easier than these 9 X 13 Chicken Fajitas! Just add the ingredients, bake, and serve with tortillas, cheese, and sour cream and Taco Tuesday is a cinch!
Please note that some of my blog posts here at Little Home in the Making may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, I will get a small commission at no additional cost to you. See my Disclaimer for more information.
I really didn’t think it could get any easier than my Skillet Chicken Fajitas, but it totally can! These 9 X 13 Chicken Fajitas are probably one of the easiest meals I’ve made EVER! All you have to do is assemble, season, bake, and serve! My Skillet Chicken Fajitas are still my #1 favorite for Taco Tuesdays, but this is a close second and nothing compares to how simple this recipe is! When I’m having a hard day with my little one, I’ll know that I can pop this baby in the oven and dinner will be ready soon enough without any additional work necessary.
So Easy to Prepare!
I keep the recipe essentially the same as my skillet recipe, but I add a drizzle of oil and the chicken, peppers, and onions are baked in the oven. I also add some garlic since there is no risk of burning the garlic while using this oven method!
After the peppers, onions, garlic, and chicken are layered in the pan, you sprinkle on the seasonings! Included is the list of seasonings I use to make my own fajita seasoning blend. If you don’t have a well-stocked spice collection, you can use 1 package or 2-3 tablespoons of store-bought Fajita seasoning.
Then you bake the dish, uncovered, until the chicken is cooked through. Toss it all together and serve it up fajita style. It really doesn’t get any easiest than this!
What Do I Need to Make 9 X 13 Chicken Fajitas?
- Rainbow Bell Peppers: I use 3 bell peppers in this recipe. You can use any combination of colors, or a single color of your choice! I don’t happen to like green peppers in my fajitas, but if you do go ahead and add them!
- Onions: Just your regular yellow cooking onion works great in this recipe.
- Garlic: Several cloves of minced garlic add another level of flavor, and the smell is amazing!
- Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast: Just a few chicken breasts go a long way!
- Seasonings: See the recipe below for my blend of seasonings. If you prefer, you can use 2-3 tbsp. of store-bought fajita seasoning (about 1 package).
- Olive Oil: This is drizzled over the peppers, onions, and chicken to help them roast nicely.
- Toppings and Fixings of Choice: Tortillas, sour cream, shredded cheese, diced jalapeno, diced tomato, diced onion, guacamole, cilantro, and avocado all make excellent toppings for fajitas. If you are doing low carb or gluten free, you could even prepare a salad and top with your favorite toppings in lieu of a tortilla.
- 9 X 13 Glass Pan: I use the standard, inexpensive Pyrex dishes. I love lining them with parchment paper for an easy cleanup.
How Do I Serve 9X13 Chicken Fajitas?
- Serve buffet style with a variety of traditional fajita toppings
- On top of a prepared salad for those following low carb or gluten free diets
- Wrapped into a tortilla with cheese and served cold as a lunch option (trust me, fajitas are surprisingly good cold! Just make sure to drain away all the juices)
- However you like! Let me know in the comments how you like to serve fajitas!
- 3 medium Rainbow Bell Peppers, sliced
- 2 large Yellow Onions, peeled and sliced
- 3 cloves Garlic, roughly chopped
- 2-3 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced
- 1 tbsp. Chili Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Dried Oregano
- 1/2 tsp. Paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp. Cumin
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- 1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Tortillas, for serving
- Shredded Cheese, for serving
- Sour Cream, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400F and line a 9 X 13 baking dish with parchment paper.
- Add in the sliced bell peppers, chopped garlic and the sliced onions.
- Top the peppers and onions with the sliced chicken breasts.
- Combine all of the seasonings in a small bowl. Sprinkle the seasonings over the surface of the chicken, peppers, and onion.
- Drizzle the chicken, peppers, and onion with olive oil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes, tossing every 10 minutes or so to ensure evenly cooking and browning.
- Serve with tortillas, shredded cheese, sour cream, and toppings of your choice. Avocado, shredded lettuce, diced tomato, and guacamole all make excellent toppings if you have them on hand.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 448Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 85mgSodium: 817mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 3gSugar: 6gProtein: 33g
Nutrition information is an estimate only.